Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sizzle Jackets for Everyone!

Wow! This awesome group of eight is each wearing their own completed Sizzle Jacket. Amazing. It was February that I got a call from Frances Dittenhoffer, telling me she was going to be teaching a class on the Sizzle Jacket. Now, a mere few months later, and I'm receivng a photo of Frances (the blond in the red version), and all her students--ALL WEARING THEIR COMPLETED JACKETS! Wish I could clone Frances, as she must be one great teacher. And, I had the pleasure of meeting a group of these gals in my booth in Chicago at the Quilt Festival. They were so much fun, and so charming, I found myself wishing I lived in Canada, so I could join the group myself. To each and everyone of you, a huge CONGRATS! Your jackets are all awesome. I think it was the great design, don't you? Can I take some of the credit?? OK, you get it all. Thanks, Frances for sending the photo. You all did an awesome job.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine Thanks for posting our picture. The girls all showed the jackets off at the June banquet. We had a great time making them . Your pattern was easy to follow well thought out and inspiring. I now have three for myself.Happy Sewing Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine
    My name is Carol and I am a best sewing buddy of Frances'. She told me about the sizzle jacket and I immediately bought her extra pattern and she worked with me until I was the proud owner of my own sizzle jacket! I am so pleased with it and will be the envy of all my friends! We will be looking for more of your new patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you two, for commenting and for making the Sizzle Jacket. I am soooo impressed by all of you. It keeps me going, to hear great things from you!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete